Wednesday, May 14, 2008

孩子,我为你哭泣 (Children, I Weep for You)

梦游中惊魂遇见你
(Met you in my nightmarish dream walk)
你在地的那边
(You stake out on the other side of the Earth)
我在这边
(I am stuck here)
隔着的不是海水
(Separating us is not ocean)
是泪的汪洋
(but sea of tears)

固然迟早都要远行
(Sooner or later we must all pack up and travel afar)
但如此大规模出塞
(But such massive sudden exodus)
巴山石心何忍
(pains even the Sichuan mountains' stony heart)
蜀水柔情何堪
(and tunes your hometown's rivers to songs of elegy)

求你走得
(How I wish you departed)
再慢点
(a bit slower)
再晚些
(a bit later)
跟爹妈亲个嘴
(after you kissed your parents)
拥个抱
(and hugged them one last time)

但一脸稚嫩的你
(But a baby-faced you)
拒绝崩山碎石的胁迫
(refused the oppression of fallen rocks)
冲破暴风骤雨的淫威
(and the bully of downpouring storm)
你跳出地深处的黑暗
(You jumped out of the darkness of the deep)
跑进天光普照下
(and leaped under the shining heavenly light)
世外的桃源
(into the yonder world)

悲痛中的祈福
(My prayer amid grieving misery)
折射出共同的期待
(reflects a common wish)
你答应我
(You promise me)
破涕为笑的团圆
(a reunion that will turn my weeping into jolly laughing)

No comments:

About Me

Ph.D Biochemist, Itinerant Evangelist

Blog Archive