Monday, January 28, 2008

Relive My Life for the First Time

Since my relocation back to NJ, I have experienced reverse shock in re-adaptation. My stomach felt the pain first.

No longer do I need to walk to an outside restaurant for lunch. Company's cafeteria provides the perfect cozy place in the winter season. "Cheeseless and steakless chease steak" once again becomes my favorite lunch order. At about four o'clock in the afternoon, my stomach reminds me that Mulan's group lunch on the order of dinner portion did a better job in pacifying my hunger. The lighter lunch makes me wanting to have an early dinner.

The other day, I put myself on the scale at home. The reading pointed to ~155 lbs. This meant that I had no weight gain after three and a half months of frequent dining out in Cambridge. It made my happy.

I have resumed the routine of sending my kids to school every weekday morning. At a particular turn of the road, we start praying for the marvelous Monday, terrific Tuesday, wonderful Wednesday, thrilling Thursday, and fabulous Friday. I really enjoy the opportunities chauffeuring my children to school and extracurricular activities. I begin to appreciate my wife's busy housekeeping in my absence.

I look forward to my son's regional band audition this weekend. With daily practice and his teacher's approving encouragement, he is all pumped up to defend his rank as first chair clarinetist. I advise him to focus on doing his best and not to worry about the outcome. Time will tell.

No comments:

About Me

Ph.D Biochemist, Itinerant Evangelist